What does living Authentically Proud mean to us At Moxie? It means creating a space where being different isn’t the exception, it’s the rule—where acceptance, body positivity, and love for ourselves and one another are at the forefront.
This month, we are asking the entire Moxie community, LGBTQIA+ and allies, to help raise money and awareness for the Ali Forney Center—the biggest LGBTQ+ youth homeless shelter in the U.S.
Ready to get involved? Let’s go!
What: A week of fun and challenging fitness classes hosted by Moxie instructors in celebration of inclusivity and raising funds and awareness for LGBTQ+ youth.
When: June 21 - 27, 2021
How do I participate?:
- As an instructor, decide what you want to teach for your Authentically Proud Class.
- Create an entirely new class and schedule it between June 21 - 27, 2021.
- Name your class and include #Proud in the title.
- In the class description let everyone know you will be donating funds to the Ali Forney Center.
- Donate the funds you raised from your class to the Ali Forney Center here.
- For every existing client that joins your Authentically Proud class live, Moxie will donate $10!*
Plus, Give twice with our Pride invite.
This month, send $25 towards future classes to new clients who have not yet created a Moxie account, and we’ll donate another $25 to the Ali Forney Center.*
- Find your shareable referral link here.
- Share with a new client who has not yet created a Moxie account.
- Once they register with your link they will immediately receive $25 towards their classes, and if they take their first class before June 30th Moxie will donate $25 to the Ali Forney Center.
We encourage you to create a class that is unique to you, and highlight what makes your Authentically Proud class so exciting and special. It could be:
- A brightly colored, loud dance party.
- A soothing guided meditation exploring your connection to identity and community.
- A HIIT class with music inspired by LGBTQ+ artists.
Whatever you choose to do, we want you to bring all of YOU to the class. Use your knowledge as an instructor and own personal interests to create a class that is fun, inspiring, and embodies what Authentically Proud means to you.
Tips for creating a great class:
- Make it yours! Add your own authentic flare and style to your class
- Create an inclusive environment—use language that embraces all the people in your class.
- Accessibility! Allow for your class to be accessible to all people. Use cues and modifications so everyone can participate.
Get the word out!
Create your class by June 21st, and you'll receive a “Media Toolkit” in you inbox from Moxie within 3 days to assist in social outreach, raising funds for the Ali Forney Center, and support on spreading the word about your class.
More about the cause:
Founded in 2002, The Ali Forney Center’s mission is to protect LGBTQ+ youths from the harms of homelessness and empower them with the tools needed to live independently. The organization has grown to become the largest agency dedicated to LGBTQ+ homeless youths in the country—assisting more than 2,000 youths per year through a 24-hour Drop-In Center, which provides over 70,000 meals annually, medical and mental health services through an on-site clinic, and a scattered-site housing program.
We can’t wait to see all of the incredible classes and experiences you create this month, and the joy we as a community build when we come together to celebrate our Pride.
For more information on the Ali Forney Center, click here.
*Definitions: An existing customer is anyone who has registered for Moxie prior to Authentically Pride Week and did not participate in our Pride Month referral program.
A new customer is anyone who participated in our Pride Month referral program by joining Moxie via a referral link between Jun 7 - 30, 2021 and taking their first class during this time period.