We know that health insurance is a major pain point for independent fitness instructors. To eliminate the stress of securing protection for you and your family, we're excited to announce that we’ve partnered with Stride to provide Moxie coaches access to a fully customizable suite of affordable health benefits and additional perks.
We aim to help our community of more than 5,000 fitness and wellness instructors spend more time growing their online fitness businesses and less time worrying about expenses and healthcare access. This partnership marks the first time a fitness company has enabled this level of benefits to self-employed instructors, regardless of the number of classes they teach.
Starting today, Moxie coaches can enroll in health, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage and access a bevy of customized benefits with our partner Stride. The personalized Moxie and Stride page moxie.stridehealth.com enables you to research plans and sign up for health insurance in under 10 minutes. Stride offers a broader selection of plans than Healthcare.gov and state exchanges, and by law, all prices are the same as you’d find on the government sites. Stride’s recommendation tool also helps you create a personalized health plan, so that you can find the perfect insurance for you and your family. Finally, Moxie coaches can speak to Stride’s concierge team of health advocates via phone, chat, or email to help you choose a plan or to answer your health care questions.
Any and every Moxie instructor can access these benefits. You can sign up with Stride at moxie.stridehealth.com to access these benefits and more at no cost!
Getting Started: Once you've signed in to your stride account, you'll have access to these perks and more:
- Health Insurance: Stride will search through all of the Affordable Care Act health insurance plans available to you, check to see if you qualify for financial assistance and tax credits, and help you choose the right plan. On average, Stride members save $360 per month on health insurance, and 40% pay less than $25 per month for coverage. You can get started here, it takes only 10 minutes to apply.
- Dental Insurance: Stride's plans start at just $30 per month, come with two checkups per year, and are accepted at over 300,000 locations. You can learn more here.
- Vision Insurance: Stride's plans start at just $9 per month, covers $120 per year in eyewear, and is accepted at over 80,000 locations. You can learn more here.
- Life Insurance: Stride's plans start at just $5 per month, have flexible cancellation terms, and you don't need to worry about any annoying phone calls. You can learn more here.
We partnered with Stride to enable these benefits based on direct feedback from our instructors, who identified insurance, health benefits, and family care as top priorities as self-employed fitness professionals.
Did you miss Open Enrollment? Want to change plans? There's still time.
Even if you missed open enrollment in the national and statewide health insurance marketplace, you could still sign up for health insurance coverage without a qualifying life event. Due to the pandemic, the Biden administration has extended the enrollment period until August 15, 2021.
If you don’t already have health insurance or if you want to change your plan, visit moxie.stridehealth.com today.
Additional Benefits to Save Your Money
We're always thinking of ways to help Moxie instructors spend less and keep more of their studio earnings. On Stride, coaches can also find great pricing on:
- Disability Insurance. Get at least $500 a month when you can't work due to long-term injury or illness.
- Injury Insurance. Get reimbursed up to $20,000 each time you're in an accident, both on or off the job.
- Critical Illness Insurance. Get up to $75,000 if you experience a serious diagnosis like cancer, heart attack, or stroke.
- Hospital Supplement Insurance. Get $200-$500 each day you are hospitalized due to a covered injury or sickness.
Tax Preparation & Savings with the Stride App
Make tax prep a breeze – record expenses related to running your studio with Stride's free mobile expense tracker app. You may be able to receive deductions and savings on tracked expenses for:
- Music & Paid Apps including monthly subscription fees.
- Studio Supplies such as pens and notepads or audio and tech equipment.
- Phone & Internet Service—if you have to use a phone for work or data to stream your classes, the purchase and monthly service bill may be tax-deductible!
- Business Cards
We hope you take advantage of these offerings and secure the protection you need for yourself and your loved ones!
See you in the studio!